Thursday, January 29, 2009

What if I went the other direction...

You know it's always been a lingering question for me.. What if I had embraced the other half of me more than my Asian half? That's right, what if I had fully embraced my Mexican side? I can't even imagine how many things would be different if I did that. First off, I think that I wouldn't have met Krista and under normal circumstances probably would not have gotten to know her and then start dating her. I think my food choices would all be different and I would complain even more about the food that they serve at the dining hall (Mexican food there... yuck). I think that the friends that I would hang out with would drastically change as well as my habits in my life and just whenever I'm around at Notre Dame. I think I would be fighting for different issues since there are some that Filipinos and Mexicans disagree on. I think that I would have different grades and different academic interests. Maybe I should explore that later when it's not 4 AM and I'm not tired as heck.