Saturday, June 27, 2009

Tampa

It's been a long time since I've written here and there's so much I want to say. I'm currently in Tampa right now for Nielsen's Accelerated On-Boarding program for the Emerging Leaders Program. It's a pretty intense program and they throw hundreds of slides at us everyday and we are very time constrained to complete a big case study they gave us. Overall, it's been a great experience though. I've learned a lot about the company and about my style of leadership and team participation which are both key to the success of my team for the case study.

It has been hard though time constraint wise. I'm torn on how I need to allocate my time since all of the group goes out and has dinner or goes to the bar. There is like an invisible driver there that forces me to go, otherwise I would be viewed as that guy who not part of the group. It's hard with this group because this is who I'm going to be seeing the next two years.

I really should be dedicating more time to Krista though. I'll have to continually work on the process and see what to do. It has not been easy in the slightest.