Thursday, March 5, 2009

Tear Soup

Krista bought me this book called Tear Soup. It's probably the most helpful book I've gotten to read since my father passed away. In it, it describes how most of the time it has to be yourself that is the one grieving and making the tear soup. Sometimes though others will help you make it or at least help you prepare something along with it. Others will actually join you for a bowl of tear soup and share in your sorrows. Some friends will stay with you till the soup is ready to be put in the freezer and stored, while others will begin to forget about the soup or keep asking why you have been making the soup for months or even years.

I've learned that it's ok to be weak sometimes and you've got to allow yourself those moments to cry and reminisce about the past. I'm not going to lie I'm pretty lost in life and I feel like I've lost my purpose. I hope through my making of tear soup, I'll be able to regain what my purpose is and truly grow as a human being.

I just have to learn that sometimes friends do fall away and they won't ask you about things when you really need it. It's ok, that's how life is and this journey is mostly about how I get through it.